Monday, April 11, 2011

Gotta be Abe!

So, ever since elementary school, I have had a fascination with Abraham Lincoln. I have my picture with a 17 foot tall bust of him. I can watch anything and everything about him on history channel. I bought a book about him on my kindle (It was one of the first). But it truly didn't dawn on me how interested I am in him until today. It started this weekend, when I turned on the history channel to a 2 hour show about him. I watched most of it even though I have seen it at least 4 times before. Today, I was subbing in a 5th grade class when I came across a book on John Wilkes Booth and I wanted so bad to read it. Then it hit me- I'm a nut about The civil war and Abe. I always kinda knew but now I really know. Few of you know I am a history nut. LOVE IT! More of you know I am a scrapbook-a-holic and look for any reason to scrapbook! Then it hit me! My backyard (well, not exactly but like really close) is Booth's trail to run from the government! I could travel the trail and go to Ford's theater. How cool! But I also want to go to Illinois(hint-hint if you plan on traveling there) to see all the Lincoln stuff! That would be so awesome to see all the memorials and monuments! (many of you don't know I am a freak about taking 900 pictures and I am a tourist in my own county!) Oh, maybe I could that into a blog?! I know, I'm crazy and a dreamer- but those are my best qualities! Will keep you posted on my Lincoln Journey. I need to plan out some visits and sites!

Blog you later!

1 comment: